The questions that were asked in the Technical round, included questions from my project and the languages/technologies that were mentioned on my resume.
ROUND 1 :- TCS Technical Interview
1. Introduce yourself.
2. Tell me about your final year projects.
Later the Interviewer asked me,
3. Which is your favorite programming language?
I answered Python, after which she started asking me questions related to python such as,
4. What are the features of python?
Some basic features of python are:
- Python is a programming language that is both free and open source.
- Python is an easy to learn and use programming language.
- Python is an interpreted programming language.
- Python can be used on a variety of platforms, including Windows, Linux, UNIX, and Macintosh.
5. Is python an interpreted language?
The Python code is run one line at a time. The advantage of being an interpreted language is that debugging is easy and portable.
After these questions, she asked me some more questions such as,
6. What is an IP Address?
IP addresses are a unique string of characters that identify each device that communicates with other computers on the network via the internet protocol.
7. What is DHCP?
DHCP is an abbreviation for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol, which is a network management protocol used to automate the process of configuring devices on IP networks so that they can access network services such as DNS, NTP, and any UDP or TCP-based communication protocol.
8. How do you differentiate between IPV4 and IPV6?
|IPv4 addresses are 32 bits long.
|IPv6 addresses are 128 bits long.
|It allows for manual and DHCP address settings.
|It allows for automatic and renumbering address settings.
|Connection integrity in IPv4 end-to-end is not possible.
|Connection integrity in IPv6 end-to-end is possible.
|IPv4 addresses are represented as decimal numbers.
|IPv6 addresses are represented using hexadecimal numbers.
|Sender and forwarding routers both fragment data
|IPv6 fragmentation is only carried out by the sender.
|Packet flow identification is not supported in IPv4.
|The flow label field in the header is used in IPv6 packet flow identification
9. What are LIFO and FIFO?
LIFO: The concept of LIFO applies to how data is accessed, saved, and recovered. For the LIFO data type, the most recently stored data should be extracted first.
FIFO: First In First Out specifies how data in a structure is accessible, as well as which data gets removed first from the queue list after it has been there the longest.
10. What are the layers in an OSI model?
The OSI reference model divides computing system communications into seven abstraction layers:
- Data link
I also got to solve a coding question that was quite basic and the question was:
After the Technical Interview questions were over, the HR person took over.
ROUND 2 :- TCS HR Interview
1. Introduce yourself.
2. Are you ready for relocation and night shift?
3. Do you have any offers from other companies?
4. Tell me about your hobbies.
5. Why should we hire you?