1st Technical Round:-
in this Round , i was given a code-pair link of hackerrank and i was given with an easy problem (greedy ). I wrote the code within 2 minutes and explained the approach of it within 10-15 mins.
We had discussion of Operating System for the next 40-45 mins.
- Inter-Process communcation
then a small discussion of 10 mins over OOPS
- Virtual functions
I gave answers to all the questions asked by the interviewer and i was pretty sure of qualifying this round.
after 1 day, I received the call regarding qualifying for next round.
2nd Technical Round (in-House interview Round):-
This was very difficult Round for me and it didn't went well
this round had 2 coding questions
- Given a number N in string format find the number just smaller than N such that it has digit x present in it x times. example:- given number:- 234235 answer:- 224444
- Given 2 strings S1 and S2 . Find largest string S3 such that S1 and S2 both are concatenation of S3 string
example:- S1: abaaba S2: abaabaaba then S3 :- aba
I solved 2nd question fully but faced difficulty in solving the 1st one and solved it partially.
Next we had dicussion over 10-15 minutes over Operating System
I qualified this Round but wasn't expecting because of messing up in 1st question
they notified me the very next day
3rd Technical Round (last round):-
In this round they gave me a problem which i already solved in a codechef contest and was of multisource BFS.
it took me 20 mins to explain and wrote code within 7-10 mins.
they asked a lot of questions regarding time complexity and space complexity
then they started with CS fundamentals for the next 55-60 minutes, this time they took it in real depth and asked concepts deeply
- diamond problem (with ouput questions) i gave the definition but messsed up in output question
- virtual in OOPS
- Inter-process communication
- process thread (in depth , messed up here too)
- Locking in OS (with code)
- TCP vs. UDP
- Checksum (I told them not to ask much questions from computer network)
- IP addressing
so this round wasn't that good but went well as i answered most of the questions. but had negative impact because of (in-depth questions)