Goldman Sachs came for recruiting students for the New Analyst profile. Following is a brief description of the process.
Round 1 (Online Test) : 3 hrs
Online test was conducted on the Hackerrank platform and consisted of objective and coding questions. It was divided into three sections : Programming, Quantitative Ability and Data Science and had separate timers for each section.
Following were the two coding questions:
Focus was mainly on writing efficient code.
Round 2 (Personal Interviews): Multiple rounds (approx 30 mins each)
There were two or more rounds of personal interviews. Questions were mainly asked from Probability and Statistics (difficult), programming and algorithms (moderate) and resume-specific. Very few HR Questions were also asked.
1. Monty Hall problem and its variations
2. Probability of two / three points lying on the same side of a semicircle
3. Probability of breaking a rope into three pieces such that the sides form a triangle
4. Two persons are supposed to meet a spot in a time interval of one hour. The person who comes first will wait for a maximum of 15 minutes for the second person. What is the probability that they will meet?
1. Implement an LRU Cache
2. Version control system for Queue Data Structure
3. Subset Sum problem
4. Hash Table and collision resolutions
5. Given a sorted array find the element whose value is same as its index.
1. Why GS?
2. Why should we hire you?
Resume specific questions.
Interviewers are friendly and they give hints during the process. Always let them know how you are trying to approach the problem so that they can help you better.
All the best.